– Orange WNBA Logo Hoodie Becomes Best-Selling WNBA Item Ever Across Fanatics’ Network of E-Commerce Site, Including WNBAStore.com –
NEW YORK, Oct. 2, 2020 – The Seattle Storm and 11-time WNBA All-Star Sue Bird captured the top spots on the WNBA’s Most Popular Team Merchandise and Jerseys lists, respectively, based on WNBAStore.com sales since the start of the 2020 regular season.
In addition to jersey and team merchandise sales, the league also announced that the orange WNBA logo hoodie was the most popular item this season across official online retail partner Fanatics’ network of e-commerce sites, including WNBAStore.com, and the best-selling WNBA item ever.
Rounding out the top five among most popular jerseys are the Phoenix Mercury’s Diana Taurasi (No. 2), the Los Angeles Sparks’ Candace Parker (No. 3), the New York Liberty’s Sabrina Ionescu (No. 4) and the Minnesota Lynx’s Maya Moore (No. 5).
The Storm landed atop the team merchandise list, jumping from No. 3 last season, followed by the Liberty at No. 2, the Sparks at No. 3, the Las Vegas Aces at No. 4 and the Lynx at No. 5.
• Bird tops the league’s most popular jerseys list for the first time in her career.
• WNBA rookies Ionescu (No. 4) and Satou Sabally (No. 10), as well as Chicago Sky’s Courtney Vandersloot (No. 9), make their debuts on the list.
The Storm and Aces will face off in the 2020 WNBA Finals presented by YouTube TV beginning with Game 1 of a five-game series tonight at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN2.
Top 10 Most Popular WNBA Jerseys:
1. Sue Bird, Seattle Storm
2. Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury
3. Candace Parker, Los Angeles Sparks
4. Sabrina Ionescu, New York Liberty
5. Maya Moore, Minnesota Lynx
6. A’ja Wilson, Las Vegas Aces
7. Breanna Stewart, Seattle Storm
8. Elena Delle Donne, Washington Mystics
9. Courtney Vandersloot, Chicago Sky
10. Satou Sabally, Dallas Wings
Top 5 Most Popular Team Merchandise:
1. Seattle Storm
2. New York Liberty
3. Los Angeles Sparks
4. Las Vegas Aces
5. Minnesota Lynx