The 10 prospects that were invited to the 2018 WNBA Draft spoke with WNBA.com on the eve of the draft to let us know a little more about themselves on and off the court.
5-9, Guard, Duke
1. I’m super competitive, I hate losing more than I like winning and that’s basketball, that’s Monopoly, that’s a race in the street with my little brother, I want to win everything.
2. I’m funny. You how people are like I’m funny, no I really think I’m funny. My humor is a little dry; you could compare it to The Office, that type of humor. That’s one of my favorite shows, but not everyone loves it, so I’m like okay then you won’t really appreciate my humor, but I think I’m really funny.
3. I like to dance, I literally dance anywhere so when people come to our games, pregame: I’ll be dancing, warm-up lines: I’ll be dancing, bench: dancing. It’s just something to get loose and give energy to the people around me. Whatever dance is popular at the time, I have to learn it then I’ll do it everywhere I go, to any song, even if it doesn’t match the song, I would do it (laughs).
4. I’m bossy … in the best way possible. I’m the oldest of four so I just grew up like that. I like to be in charge of things but I also know how to take a step back, which I know I’ll need to do as a rookie. Its going to be hard, especially when you come from being a senior then you go right back to the bottom all over again. I can adapt but I still like to be in charge of things, so maybe I can be the head rookie, I can be in charge of the rookie duties or something like that.
5. I really like music, like I’m really interested in the whole behind the scenes and producing, even though I don’t know much about it, it’s just so intriguing to me. I love finding new music; I’m always on SoundCloud looking for new things to listen to. And I like all genres of music.
— WNBA (@WNBA) April 12, 2018