The 10 prospects that were invited to the 2018 WNBA Draft spoke with WNBA.com on the eve of the draft to let us know a little more about themselves on and off the court.
5-6, Guard, UCLA
Hi my name is Jordin Canada and I’m from Los Angeles, California. I went to UCLA. Five things that people need to know about me are:
1. I love to sing. I’m not doing karaoke but if I’m listening to a song on my iPod or my phone and I know the words then I’ll sing along. I’ll sing some Alicia Keys, I’ll sing some Jhene Aiko, some Beyonce.
2. I love dogs. I have a dog now, his name is Romeo and he is a one-year-old Maltipoo, so I’m in love with him.
3. I love children, babies. I babysit whenever I can.
4. I love poetry, that’s something that I’m really into. I don’t write, but I love to read poetry.
5. Ironically, people hate sitting in traffic but I actually don’t mind it because I have a stereo in my car and I love my stereo. I like to play music all the time so I just blast my music on my stereo. And I really don’t mind being in traffic. I know it sounds really weird, but I have plenty of practice being in L.A. So I love being in traffic … that’s really weird to say.
— WNBA (@WNBA) April 12, 2018