The Los Angeles Sparks are committed to giving back to community. The Sparks generously donate various items to charitable organizations throughout Southern California on a regular basis. These items are used exclusively for auctions, raffles, and incentive programs and provide support in the areas of basketball, education, health and fitness.
Time permitting, the Sparks are also available for local appearances promoting the WNBA’s Read to Achieve, FIT, Breast Health Awareness, and Go Green programs speaking about women in sports and sending positive messages with words of encouragement.
The Sparks receive thousands of requests throughout the year and as a result priority is given to organizations that are located in Southern California. If you are requesting a donation item or a member of the Sparks organization to participate in your event, please review the guidelines below. Not following these guidelines may result in your request not being considered.
- Requests must be received at least 6 weeks prior to the event date
- One donation per organization per year
- Letter must be submitted on organization’s letterhead
- Include Federal Tax ID number and 501c (3) number, if applicable
- Date of event
- Reason for request (fundraiser, incentive, etc.) and who it benefits
- Organization's mailing address, contact person and daytime phone number
- In order for the request to be considered, the form must be completed in full
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Appearances will not be scheduled on game days, travel days, player “off” days, or during practice
- Requests are primarily limited to the Southern California area
- Sparks players are generally available May through August
Once your request has been reviewed, you will be contacted by a Community Relations representative and learn the status of your request via mail. Due to the high volume of requests, please allow 4 weeks for a response.
If your request is accepted, it has been accepted according to the information provided in the form you submitted. If changes are made after this acceptance, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate the changes.
If for any reason we need to cancel an appearance, we will do our best to offer a strong alternate speaker to ensure the success of your event. We will notify your organization as soon as we are aware of an unavoidable conflict.
Thank you for your interest in and support of the Los Angeles Sparks!