2011 WNBA Draft Lottery Date Set
Chicago could potentially get the chance to draft projected top pick Maya Moore out of the University of Connecticut or the highly touted 6-foot 8-inch Elizabeth Cambage out of Australia. The two recently met in the FIBA World Championships as representatives for their respective countries. Moore scored two points and dished two assists and Cambage recorded 18 points and seven rebounds in Team USA's 83-75 win over Australia.
The Sky, which finished with a 14-20 record in 2010, has a 17.8% chance of drawing the top pick in the draft behind the Minnesota Lynx (38%) and the Tulsa Shock (44.2%).
The Lynx finished 13-21 in 2010 and are guaranteed two of the top four lottery draft selections, resulting from a Draft day deal last year in which they traded the rights to the third overall pick to Connecticut for first and second-round picks in 2011.
The Shock posted a regular season record of 6-28 in 2010 and thus has the highest odds of winning the No. 1 overall pick in the 2011 WNBA Draft.