Frequently Asked Questions
The WNBA is a unique global sports property combining competition, sportsmanship, and entertainment value with its status as an icon for social change, achievement, and diversity. Composed of 12 teams, the WNBA is the most successful women's professional team sports league in the world.
2. Where are the other WNBA teams located
- Atlanta Dream - Atlanta, GA
- Chicago Sky - Chicago, IL
- Connecticut Sun - Uncasville, CT
- Indiana Fever - Indianapolis, IN
- Los Angeles Sparks - Los Angeles, CA
- Minnesota Lynx - Minneapolis, MN
- New York Liberty - New York, NY
- Phoenix Mercury - Phoenix, AZ
- San Antonio Silver Stars - San Antonio, TX
- Seattle Storm - Seattle, WA
- Washington Mystics - Washington D.C.
3. What is the length of the WNBA season?
The 2015 WNBA season will begin on June 5 and the regular season will conclude on September 13. A standard Playoff schedule will begin one week after regular season ends.
4. What is the name of the WNBA team in Tulsa?
The Tulsa franchise, formerly the Detroit Shock until it moved to Tulsa in October of 2009, narrowed the team names to Fire, Tempo and Shock in late November and encouraged fans to vote in an online poll. Fans of the new team selected 'Shock.'
5. Where will the WNBA Tulsa team play
BOK Center 200 South Denver Tulsa, OK 74103 http://www.bokcenter.com/index.asp
6. How can I purchase tickets?
Please visit http://www.wnba.com/shock. Should you have any questions, please call 918-949-9700.
7. If I am a company interested in a partnership with the WNBA Tulsa team, who do I contact?
Please call 918-949-9700.
8. How can I work for the WNBA Tulsa team?
Please visit www.teamworkonline.com.
9. How can I contact the WNBA Tulsa team?
Please call 918-949-9700