The seventh overall pick in the 2004 draft, Vanessa Hayden begins her first season with the Los Angeles Sparks after five years as a part of the Minnesota Lynx.
The 6’4" center from the University of Florida missed the 2007 season to give birth to her daughter Zyon. She averages 6.0 points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game in her career. Hayden’s most productive year was 2005 where she averaged 7.9 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.2 blocks per outing.
At Florida, Hayden was a John R. Wooden Player of the Year finalist in her final season. She was named SEC Defensive Player of the Year, First Team All-SEC and Second Team All-American. She led Florida in scoring, rebounding, blocked shots and double-doubles, and was the only SEC player to average a double-double.
Hayden attended Boone High School in Orlando, Fl., where she was the 2000 Florida High School Gatorade Player of the Year and USA Today High School All-American.
- 155 career blocks
- Career highs with 163 rebounds and 68 blocks in 2005
- 2008 season high 9 rebounds Aug. 30 vs. Was.
- Came off the bench in all 30 games played
- Averaged 10.1 minutes, 5.2 points and 3.5 rebounds per game
- Missed the entire 2007 season to give birth to her daughter Zyon
- Sixth in the league in blocks per game (1.33)
- Started 3 of 33 games, averaging 12.9 minutes per game
- Averaged 5.4 points and 3.5 rebounds per game
- Started 25 of 31 games at 19.2 minutes per game
- Second in the league in blocks per game (2.2) with 68 total blocks
- Averaged career highs with 7.9 points and 5.3 rebounds per game
- Played 12.9 minutes per game in 29 games as a rookie
- Averaged 5.3 points, 2.9 rebounds and 1 block per game off the bench