WNBA Rookie Shoni Schimmel Shines with Most Popular Jersey
– First-year Pros Stefanie Dolson, Kayla McBride and Bria Hartley Also Make Their Debut –
NEW YORK, July 15, 2014 – After entering the league as the eighth pick in the 2014 WNBA Draft presented by State Farm, Atlanta Dream guard Shoni Schimmel debuts at No. 1 on the league’s list of top-selling jerseys. Based on WNBAStore.com sales since the start of the 2014 regular season, the first-time WNBA All-Star is joined by fellow All-Stars Skylar Diggins of the Tulsa Shock, Elena Delle Donne of the Chicago Sky, Maya Moore of the Minnesota Lynx and Candace Parker of the Los Angeles Sparks, all reclaiming their rankings in second through fifth place, respectively.
Schimmel’s popularity during her rookie season with the Dream helped the team claim the No. 1 spot on the best-selling team merchandise list for the first time. The Tulsa Shock – led by Diggins, another first-time All-Star – ranks No. 2 while the Lynx (No. 3), Phoenix Mercury (No. 4) and Sky (No. 5) round out the top five teams.
This year’s WNBA All-Star teams include seven players from the most popular jerseys list: Schimmel (No.1), Diggins (No. 2), Delle Donne (No. 3), Moore (No. 4), Parker (No. 5), and Brittney Griner (No. 6) and Diana Taurasi of the Mercury (No. 7).
In its 18th season, the WNBA is the most successful women’s professional sports league. adidas is in its eighth season as the official oncourt uniform and apparel provider for the WNBA.
TOP 10 MOST POPULAR PLAYER JERSEYS: |
1. Shoni Schimmel, Atlanta Dream
2. Skylar Diggins, Tulsa Shock
3. Elena Delle Donne, Chicago Sky
4. Maya Moore, Minnesota Lynx
5. Candace Parker, Los Angeles Sparks
6. Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury
7. Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury
8. Stefanie Dolson, Washington Mystics
9. Kayla McBride, San Antonio Stars
10. Bria Hartley, Washington Mystics
TOP 5 MOST POPULAR TEAM MERCHANDISE: |
1. Atlanta Dream
2. Tulsa Shock
3. Minnesota Lynx
4. Phoenix Mercury
5. Chicago Sky