NEW YORK, JULY 8, 2010
Los Angeles Sparks forward Candace Parker tops the WNBAs list of most popular jerseys, where she has reigned since October 2008. This list is based on sales at the NBA Store in New York City and WNBAStore.com from October 2009 through June 2010. Parkers jersey is the best selling jersey in the history of both the NBA Store and WNBAStore.com
Other highlights from the list include New York Liberty forward Janel McCarville of the New York Liberty moving up from No. 8 to the No. 5 spot and Atlanta Dream forward Angel McCoughtry making her debut on the list at No. 10.
adidas is entering its fourth season as the official oncourt uniform and apparel provider for the WNBA.
TOP 10 MOST POPULAR PLAYER JERSEYS:
1. Candace Parker Los Angeles Sparks
2. Diana Taurasi Phoenix Mercury
3. Lisa Leslie Los Angeles Sparks
4. Becky Hammon San Antonio Silver Stars
5. Janel McCarville New York Liberty
6. Essence Carson New York Liberty
7. Shameka Christon New York Liberty*
8. Cappie Pondexter New York Liberty
9. Sue Bird Seattle Storm
10. Angel McCoughtry Atlanta Dream
TOP 5 MOST POPULAR TEAM MERCHANDISE:
1. Los Angeles Sparks
2. Phoenix Mercury
3. San Antonio Silver Stars
4. Seattle Storm
5. New York Liberty
*Shameka Christon was traded to the Chicago Sky in March 2010.