'3 To See' Lead The Way As WNBA Announces Most Popular Jerseys List
Diggins’ popularity helped the Shock claim the No. 1 position for the first time for team merchandise sales while the teams of first-time All-Stars Griner (Mercury) and Delle Donne (Sky) placed second and third, respectively. Rounding out the top five teams are the Washington Mystics (No. 4) and the 2012 top-selling Indiana Fever (No. 5).
In its 17th season, the WNBA remains the most successful women’s professional sports league. This year’s All-Star Team includes seven players from the most popular jerseys list: Griner (No. 1), Delle Donne (No. 3), Moore (No. 4), Parker (No. 5), Diana Taurasi of the Mercury (No. 6), Seimone Augustus of the Lynx (No. 7), and Tamika Catchings (No. 8) of the Fever.
adidas is in its seventh season as the official oncourt uniform and apparel provider for the WNBA.
TOP 10 MOST POPULAR PLAYER JERSEYS:
1. Brittney Griner – Phoenix Mercury
2. Skylar Diggins – Tulsa Shock
3. Elena Delle Donne – Chicago Sky
4. Maya Moore – Minnesota Lynx
5. Candace Parker – Los Angeles Sparks
6. Diana Taurasi – Phoenix Mercury
7. Seimone Augustus – Minnesota Lynx
8. Tamika Catchings – Indiana Fever
9. Nneka Ogwumlke – Los Angeles Sparks
10. Becky Hammon – San Antonio Silver Stars
TOP 5 MOST POPULAR TEAM MERCHANDISE:
1. Tulsa Shock
2. Chicago Sky
3. Phoenix Mercury
4. Washington Mystics
5. Indiana Fever