Diana Taurasi Jersey No. 2 in Sales
Phoenix Mercury guard Diana Taurasi holds the second most popular jersey, based on sales at the NBA Store in New York City and WNBAStore.com from October 2008 through April 2009.
The three-time WNBA All-Star Taurasi moves up the list from No. 6 as she heads into her sixth season with the Mercury. Sales of jerseys on WNBAStore.com have more than doubled versus last year, and WNBA merchandise is up 25 percent versus last year based on combined sales from the NBA Store and WNBAStore.com. adidas is entering its fourth season as the official on-court uniform and apparel provider for the WNBA.
The Mercury will take on the San Antonio Silver Stars at the home opener on Saturday, June 6. The first 6,000 people through the doors on opening night will receive a commemorative T-shirt courtesy of the Arizona Lottery. Tickets for the 2009 season are on sale now and start at just $10. For tickets and information, call (602) 252-WNBA or visit phoenixmercury.com.
TOP 10 MOST POPULAR PLAYER JERSEYS:
1. Candace Parker Los Angeles Sparks
2. Diana Taurasi Phoenix Mercury
3. Lisa Leslie Los Angeles Sparks
4. Sue Bird Seattle Storm
5. Becky Hammon San Antonio Silver Stars
6. Sheryl Swoopes Seattle Storm
7. Shameka Christon New York Liberty
8. Janel McCarville New York Liberty
9. Candice Wiggins Minnesota Lynx
10. Deanna Nolan Detroit Shock