Lynx Unveil 15 Days To Tipoff
Beginning tomorrow, Friday, May 17, the Minnesota Lynx will celebrate the start of the 2013 season with 15 consecutive days of marketing and community events leading up to the 2013 Home Opener on Saturday, June 1 vs. Connecticut.
Below are some of the event highlights during the 15 Days to Tip Off:
- Tuesday, May 21: Fans will have their first chance to see the 2013 Lynx in person at the team's preseason game against Connecticut at 12 p.m. at Target Center.
- Thursday, May 23:¬ Seimone Augustus and Monica Wright will attend Bethune Community School in Minneapolis as part of the Lynx Read to Achieve program. The players will read a book to the kids and talk about the importance of reading and participating in school, before signing autographs and posing for pictures.
- Tuesday, May 28: As part of the inaugural Tip-A-Lynx event, Lynx players and coaches will be waiting tables and pouring drinks at TGI Friday's in St. Louis Park for an evening of fun, festivities and flair. In additional, fans will have the opportunity to get an autograph or picture with the players and coaches. A portion of all proceeds from the night will go to benefit the Lynx Foundation.
- Friday, May 31: Members of the Lynx front office and Prowl will hand out breakfast in the skyway outside of the Timberwolves Administrative Offices from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Saturday, June 1: The 2013 Home Opener begins at 7:00 p.m. as the Lynx face off against the Connecticut Sun. The game will be broadcast on Fox Sports North.
The Lynx will also kick off their 15 Days to Tip-off with a social media challenge. Starting on Friday at noon, each afternoon the Lynx will post a location, detail, riddle or code that will help fans score a Lynx prize for the day. Fans can participate by liking the Lynx on Facebook and Twitter and continuing to check back to both sites regularly through May 31. All posts and giveaways will occur between 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. (unless otherwise noted).
For more news and notes on the team follow the Minnesota Lynx on Twitter.