Lynx Playoff Chances
PLAYOFFS RIGHT NOW :
- Even with last night's loss to the Seattle Storm, the Lynx are still in a three-way battle for the final two Western Conference spots. They are currently tied with San Antonio and Los Angeles each team standing at 12-20 for the regular season.
- The Lynx next matchup is with fellow playoff contenders the Los Angeles Sparks on Friday night. Minnesota has yet to win a game against the Sparks in the regular season. Their last contest was on August 12 and the Sparks rallied to defeat the Lynx 78-77 in a dramatic buzzer beater at the Target Center.
THE LYNX WOULD MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IF :
- They finish with a better regular season record than Los Angeles and/or San Antonio. First-round opponent would be either Phoenix or Seattle.
- If San Antonio and Minnesota were to finish the regular season with the same record (with LA finishing one or more game(s) behind or in front of MN/SA). Lynx would advance by virtue of their 3-2 record vs. San Antonio.
POSSIBLE FIRST ROUND SCENARIOS :
- Lynx (4) vs. Seattle (1)
- Lynx (3) vs. Phoenix (2)
- The first potential playoff game for the Lynx would be on Wednesday, Aug. 25 or Thursday, Aug. 26 in either Seattle or Phoenix.
- Minnesota would then host the second game of the best-of-three series on either Friday, Aug. 27 or Saturday, Aug. 28
- A game three, in necessary, would be on either Sunday, Aug. 29 or Monday, Aug. 30
REMAINING REGULAR-SEASON SCHEDULES :
o Friday, Aug. 20 @ Los Angeles 9:30 pm CT
o Sunday, Aug. 22 @ Indiana 6:00 pm CT
o Friday, Aug. 20 vs. Minnesota 9:30 pm CT
o Saturday, Aug. 21 @ Seattle 10:00 pm CT
o Friday, Aug. 20 vs. Indiana 7:00 pm CT
o Sunday, Aug. 22 vs. Phoenix 2:00 pm CT
1. Head-to-head winning percentage
- MN 3-2 vs. San Antonio; 0-3 vs. Los Angeles. Games Remaining: 8/20 @ LA
- LA 1-3 vs. San Antonio; 3-0 vs. Minnesota. Game Remaining: None
- SA 2-3 vs. Minnesota; 3-1 vs. San Antonio. Games Remaining: None
- MN 8-12; Games Remaining: 8/22 @ Los Angeles
- LA 9-10; Games Remaining: 8/20 vs. Minnesota, 8/21 @ Seattle
- SA 10-11; Games Remaining: 8/22 vs. Phoenix
4. Net Points, games involving tied teams
5. Coin toss (tied teams listed alphabetically above).
For more news and notes on the team follow the Minnesota Lynx on Twitter.