NY LIBERTY “HASHTAG CHALLENGE” SWEEPSTAKES
Presented by Chase
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
I. Entry Period Three: begins at 12:00 PM (noon) ET on June 11, 2013, and ends at 3:00 PM ET on June 12, 2013;
II. Entry Period Four: begins at 12:00 PM (noon) ET on June 18, 2013, and ends at 5:00 PM ET on June 19, 2013;
III. Entry Period Five: begins at 12:00 PM (noon) ET on June 25, 2013, and ends at 3:00 PM ET on June 26, 2013;
IV. Entry Period Six: begins at 12:00 PM (noon) ET on July 2, 2013, and ends at 3:00 PM ET on July 3, 2013;
V. Entry Period Seven: begins at 12:00 PM (noon) ET on July 9, 2013, and ends at 5:00 PM ET on July 10, 2013;
VI. Entry Period Eight: begins at 12:00 PM (noon) ET on July 16, 2013, and ends at 5:00 PM ET on July 17, 2013;
VII. Entry Period Nine: begins at 12:00 PM (noon) ET on July 23, 2013, and ends at 11:00 AM ET on July 14, 2013;
VIII. Entry Period Ten: begins at 12:00 PM (noon) ET on July 30, 2013, and ends at 5:00 PM ET on July 31, 2013;
IX. Entry Period Eleven: begins at 12:00 PM (noon) ET on August 6, 2013, and ends at 5:00 AM ET on August 7, 2013;
X. Entry Period Twelve: begins at 12:00 PM (noon) ET on August 13, 2013, and ends at 1:00 PM ET on August 14, 2013;
XI. Entry Period Thirteen: begins at 12:00 PM (noon) ET on August 20, 2013, and ends at 5:00 PM ET on August 21, 2013;
XII. Entry Period Fourteen: begins at 12:00 PM (noon) ET on August 27, 2013, and ends at 5:00 PM ET on August 28, 2013;
XIII. Entry Period Fifteen: begins at 12:00 PM (noon) ET on September 3, 2013, and ends at 5:00 PM ET on September 4, 2013;
XIV. Entry Period Sixteen: begins at 12:00 PM (noon) ET on September 10, 2013, and ends at 5:00 PM ET on September 11, 2013; and
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, at least 18 years old at time of entry, who reside within a 75-mile radius of Madison Square Garden. Sweepstakes is void outside the area stated herein and where prohibited by law. Directors, employees, and the immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling, children, grandparent or grandchildren and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and/or household members of individuals, whether or not related, employed by, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (“Presenter”), MSG Holdings, L.P. (“MSG” or “Sponsor”), The New York Liberty Basketball Club (the “Liberty”), the Woman’s National Basketball Association and its member teams, WNBA Properties, Inc. (collectively, "WNBA Entities"), The Prudential Center, Prudential Financial, Inc., (together, “Prudential”) and all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotional agencies, are ineligible to participate. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. By submitting an entry in this Sweepstakes, and except for information required independently by Twitter, you understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not Twitter. The information you provide will only be used for Sweepstakes administration. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By entering, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by and acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including, but not limited to, eligibility requirements, (b) release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and all of their respective employees, officers, directors and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) against any and all claims, injury, damage or loses to any person or property arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of a prize, and (c) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW, AND IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
3. TO ENTER: Limit one (1) entry per person/Twitter account/household per Entry Period.
During each Entry Period, if you don’t already follow the Liberty on Twitter, visit twitter.com/NYLiberty and click on the icon to follow the Liberty. At the start of each Entry Period, the Liberty will send a tweet with directions on how to enter. Send a tweet back to the Liberty making sure to follow the directions and incorporate the hashtag mentioned in the Liberty tweet (“Entry” or “Entries”).
Multiple entries in any Entry Period from any person/Twitter account/household will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One (1) potential winner per Entry Period will be selected at random after the end of each Entry Period from among all eligible entries for that applicable Entry Period (the “Potential Winner”). Nonwinning entries from one Entry Period will not carry forward into subsequent Entry Periods. Sponsor will send the Potential Winner a message from @NYLiberty to the Potential Winner’s Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes with instructions on how to claim the prize. In order to receive a message from Sponsor, entrant must (a) be following @NYLiberty (b) have his or her account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public,” and (c) list his/her current location as somewhere in the New York, New Jersey or Connecticut area on Twitter. If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions within twenty-four (24) hours after Sponsors sent the message, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place in a random drawing of all eligible entries received for the drawing at issue. The Potential Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The Potential Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within twenty-four (24) hours of the date of notice in order to claim his/her prize and become an official winner (“Official Winner”). If a prize or prize notification is returned as undelivered, a Potential Winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within the required time period or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the Potential Winner may be disqualified and forfeits the prize. In the event that a Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate Potential Winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received, time permitting. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the applicable drawing.
5. PRIZES (16) (one (1) per Entry Period): Each Official Winner will receive two (2) tickets to a Liberty home game at The Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. Game date and time to be selected at the Liberty’s sole discretion (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) per prize: $350). Tickets are subject to terms and conditions stated thereon. Seat locations are determined by Sponsors. Official Winner(s) and guest(s) must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize. If event is cancelled or postponed, no compensations or substitution will be provided.
Total ARV of Sweepstakes Prizes per Entry Period: $350.
Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Official Winners will be responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees and other costs and expenses associated with Prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly included in the Prize description, including but not limited to transportation to and from The Prudential Center, meals and beverages. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at Sponsor’s discretion. Decisions of judges are final. Winner is responsible for taxes.
6. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Official Winners’ consent to Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and their designees to use his/her name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for advertising and promotional purposes, in any manner, in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered or garbled entries or emails or postage-due, damaged or illegible mail; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitations, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
9. RELEASE/LIMITS OF LIABILITY: By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant and Official Winner agrees to release and hold harmless Twitter, JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., MSG Holdings, L.P., the Liberty, the WBNA Entities, Prudential, their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
10. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes and in no event will entrant be permitted to obtain attorneys' fees or other legal costs; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
11. SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR: MSG Holdings, L.P., 2 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10121.
12. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the Official Winners or a copy of these Official Rules, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: NY Liberty “Hashtag Challenge” Sweepstakes, 2 Penn Plaza, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10121 by September 30, 2013. Please specify Winners List or Rules Request.