- FAN ZONE
- FEVER CARES
CONNECTICUT at INDIANADate: Sunday, June 13, 2010
Time: 6:00 p.m. ET
Site: Conseco Fieldhouse (Indianapolis, Ind.)
Radio : 1070 The Fan
Webcast: Live on FeverBasketball.com
• Indiana fell to fourth in Eastern Conference standings while Connecticut took over the top spot with Friday night’s win. The Fever could move back into third with a win on Sunday, and a Mystics loss. If Indiana wins it would move within a half game back of the conference-leading Sun.
• Guard Briann January returned to the Fever lineup Friday after missing four games due to injury. January played just over 11 minutes in her comeback and scored one point.
• Tamika Catchings is just two points shy of 4,200 for her career. Currently there are nine players in WNBA history that have at least 4,200 points. Catchings has scored double digits in all nine Fever games this season, and in 27 straight games since 2009.
• Sunday’s game is a Lucas Oil Family Night presented by The Indianapolis Star! Visit FeverBasketball.com or the Conseco Fieldhouse Box Office to purchase your ticket package. You’ll receive four tickets to the game; four vouchers for free hot dogs, chips, drink, four free t-shirts and the chance to shoot free throws on the Main Court after the game.
• Join a special guest at Fever Chalk Talks presented by Old National Bank. Chalk Talks take place approximately half hour before tip off in the Locker Room Restaurant located on the Event Level of Conseco Fieldhouse.
Players to Watch
Sun – Renee Montgomery
Sun vs. Fever-After a narrow 69-65 defeat at Washington, the Sun responded with victories over New York and San Antonio. In the game against New York, Connecticut held Liberty star Cappie Pondexter to just eight points on 3-of-14 shooting. Tina Charles had 13 points and 15 rebounds. In the 81-68 win over San Antonio Charles recorded another double-double, with 19 points and 11 rebounds. The Sun totaled 40 points in the paint and led by as many as 18.