Fever vs Monarchs Scouting Report
Radio: The Fan 1070-AM
TV: FSN Indiana
After a winless two-game road trip, the Indiana Fever returns home to take on the Sacramento Monarchs (7:00 p.m., 1070 The Fan, FSN Indiana).
Indiana’s last outing:
Tamika Catchings led Indiana in scoring for the first time this season with 17 points, but the Fever (6-6) lost to the Los Angeles Sparks, 77-63 at the Staples Center. Candace Parker became the second person to dunk in a WNBA game, joining only her teammate Lisa Leslie, and finished with 10 points and 10 rebounds. Indiana shot a season-worst 28% from the floor including 3-of-22 shooting from 3-point range.
Sacramento’s last outing:
The Monarchs used a balanced scoring effort to defeat the Chicago Sky, 82-70. Four players scored in double figures for Sacramento as rookie Crystal Kelly led the team with 13 points off the bench. Sacramento committed only 10 turnovers while forcing Chicago into 18.
Previous meeting (August 5, 2007)
Tamika Whitmore led the Fever with 16 points as Indiana topped Sacramento, 63-55. The Monarchs outrebounded the Fever, 47-34, but shot just 30% from the floor. Yolanda Griffith, now on the Seattle Storm, led the Monarchs in scoring with 11 points. Indiana pulled away late in the first half as Sacramento scored only eight points in the second quarter.
Stats and Trends:
- After averaging 21.2 points in the Fever’s first six games, Katie Douglas is averaging 15.2 points in Indiana’s last six games.
- The Fever is last in the league shooting 39% from the floor.
- Tan White is averaging 14.5 points in Indiana’s last four games against the Monarchs.
- Despite playing only nine games and averaging just 10 minutes in those games, reserve guard Sherill Baker is fourth on the team with 29 free throw attempts.
- In a four-game stretch from June 15-22, the Fever hit 32 consecutive free throws, for the second-longest streak in franchise history.