Notes and Quotes: July 16-22, 2007
• Sun Coach Mike Thibault on beating the Minnesota Lynx 84 -79 Tuesday night in Connecticut
"Just make sure I'm getting better and making my teammates better. I'm
going to keep working hard every game. That's the goal; never to give up, and
continue to compete until there are no more games to play."
• Seimone Augustus' outlook on the remainder of the season
"Even though we didn't play today as good as we should and as we're capable
of playing, a win is a win."
• Indiana's Tamika Catchings on the Fever's 75-74 Wednesday night win over the Sky to the Indianapolis Star.
"I already feel a million times better. There's
no pain. I'm sure I'll ease back into things."
• Sue Bird discusses her return to the court after arthroscopic surgery on her left knee to The Hartford Courant.
"It seems like we're finally putting the pieces together…We've been
talking about winning a championship and about different players stepping up
and moving into their roles. Finally, people are starting to get it."
• The Fever's Tamika Catchings on Indiana's season to the Indianapolis Star
"That's one of the most complete games of basketball that we've played
at both ends all year. I thought that was impressive at both ends of the court
and it takes a lot for my team to impress me because we don't give them much
slack. But we were good at both ends."
• Sun Coach Mike Thibault on defeating Seattle Friday night at home 76-58
"I thought we did everything to win this game. We just fell short at the
end. As far as our effort and will to win, we were there."
• Houston's Tamecka Dixon discusses falling short to the Connecticut Sun on Sunday 81-79.
"It is certainly unfortunate for us, but we have a deep team and we feel
that we can still win and continue our winning edge. We look forward to the
time that she can come back and help us into the playoffs."
• Fever Coach Brian Winters on Tamika Catchings left foot injury that will sideline her for two to three weeks.
"What his name? (Byron), C'mon Byron lets go."
• New York Coach Pat Coyle cheers on the referee after a series of calls against the Liberty in Sunday's nail biting 77-75 loss to Seattle.
"Rebounding is an emphasis of ours every game, but we knew we had to step
up with Cheryl (Ford) on the bench."
• The Shock's Katie Smith comments on Detroit's 66-58 win over the Mystics sans Cheryl Ford to USA Today.
"Everything was working. We got too confident. That's always dangerous,
and that's what cost us the game."
• The Minnesota Lynx Svetlana Abrosimova on Minnesota's 91-87 overtime loss to Washington to the Minneapolis Star Tribune
"It's simple. You find the open person, and the open person makes the shot."
• San Antonio's Vickie Johnson reveals the team's game plan in their Friday night 81-71 win over the Sacramento Monarchs to the San Antonio Express-News.
“We are excited that the surgery has been performed and Lindsey is now on the road to recovery.”
• Minnesota Coach Don Zierden discusses rookie guard Lindsey Harding undergoing surgery to repair a torn ACL injury.