Promotion Period: Registration for the Game will begin at 12:00:01AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on 4/21/08 and end five (5) minutes prior to the start of the first game on 9/14/08, which end date is subject to change dependent upon the WNBA schedule. The Game will begin 3:30:00PM ET on 5/17/08 and end five (5) minutes prior to the start of the first game on 9/14/08 (end date is subject to change dependent upon the WNBA schedule) (the “Promotion Period”). For the purposes of the Game, a week will begin at 12:01AM ET Sunday and end at 11:59PM ET on the following Saturday, except for the first week of the Game, which will begin at 3:30PM ET on 5/17/08 and end at 11:59PM ET on 5/24/08 and the last week of the Game, which will begin at 12:01 AM ET on 9/7/08 and end five (5) minutes prior to the start of the first game on 9/14/08. Participation in the Game is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Game is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Game includes all WNBA regular season games. There are no WNBA regular season games scheduled between 7/28/08 and 8/27/08.
(1) Visit www.WNBA.com during the Promotion Period. If you are a registered member of WNBA.com, you may immediately link to the Game Play page using your previously designated user name and password from www.WNBA.com to participate in the Promotion. If you are not a registered member of WNBA.com, you must register before participating in this Promotion. Registration is free, as is participation in this Promotion. To register, complete and submit the WNBA User Registration form according to the instructions provided. As part of the registration process, you will be asked if you wish to receive promotional emails from the WNBA. Consenting to receive promotional emails is optional and is not required for membership or participation in this Promotion. Upon completion of the registration process, you may link to the Game Play page using your newly designated user name and password from www.WNBA.com to participate in the Promotion. Limit one (1) WNBA User Registration form submission per person and per email address for the duration of the Promotion Period. Additional registration forms received from any such person or email address thereafter will be void. The use of script, macro or any other device to automate the registration process is prohibited and all such registrations will be void. Registration form submissions will be accepted throughout the Promotion Period, in accordance with the terms of these Official Rules.
(2) Visit the Game Play page and follow the instructions provided to make your selections. The Game Play page will feature a player roster for each team on each game day.
(3) Using knowledge of the WNBA and WNBA players’ skills and statistics, select one (1) WNBA player from the choices provided for each applicable game day. Each WNBA player may only be selected by an entrant once throughout the Promotion Period. The object of the Promotion is to select the WNBA player who you believe will collectively accumulate the highest total number of points, rebounds and assists for the applicable game night. You will receive one (1) WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Point for each point, rebound and assist your selected WNBA player accumulates on her designated game night, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. For example, if a selected WNBA player accumulates twelve (12) points, four (4) rebounds and four (4) assists on a given game night, you will gain a total of twenty (20) WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points. If the chosen WNBA player is a Rookie then you will receive two (2) WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points for each point, rebound and assist your selected WNBA Rookie player accumulates on her designated game night, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. For example, if a selected WNBA Rookie player accumulates twelve (12) points, four (4) rebounds and four (4) assists on the given game night, you will gain a total of forty (40) WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points. Sponsor will determine whether a given player qualifies as a Rookie.
(4) Selections can be made and/or modified up to five (5) minutes before the first game of each applicable game day in accordance with the posted deadlines. Selections are final as of the applicable deadline as determined by Sponsor. Your last selection that is received by the applicable deadline will be used to tabulate your WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points. Selections cannot be modified for any game in progress or already completed. WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Point(s) will not be awarded if a selection is not made for a game day, the selected WNBA player does not play in the designated game for any reason, the selected WNBA player does not obtain any points, rebounds or assists in the designated game, or the game is cancelled, postponed or rescheduled for any reason.
(5) All selections must be accepted and acknowledged by the computer servers by the applicable deadline (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to be considered valid, timely, and eligible.
Released Parties are not responsible for lost, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled, late, delayed, stolen, undelivered or misdirected registrations, entries, WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points, WNBA player selections and submissions; theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or registrations; failures or malfunctions of phones, phonelines or telephone systems; interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP), server or other connections; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to Participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; errors in these Official Rules, in any Promotion-related advertisements or other materials; the selection or announcement of potential winners or the distribution of prizes; the cancellation, suspension or preemption of WNBA games, injuries or other unavailability of players, scoring tabulation or timing errors or other problems or errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic, typographical, printing or otherwise.
Winner Selection/Notification: Potential winners will be determined on or about 9/18/08. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to the Participant who accumulates the highest number of WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points cumulatively for the entire Promotion Period, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
In the event of a tie for the Grand Prize, the potential winner will be deemed the Participant that accumulated the highest overall number of cumulative WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points for the final week of the Promotion Period from any such tied entries. If a tie still exists, from among the remaining pool of tied Participants, the Participant with the highest overall number of cumulative WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points for the week previous to the final week of the Promotion Period will be declared the potential winner, and so forth. Tiebreakers will continue backwards in this manner using the previous week’s cumulative WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Point total until the tie among the remaining tied Participants is broken. If a tie still exists after the above tiebreakers have been invoked, a random drawing from among the final remaining pool of tied Participants will be conducted to award the Grand Prize.
Weekly Prizes/(1) Weekly Prize Per Week: Potential Weekly Prize winners will be determined following the conclusion of each respective week of the Promotion Period. (1) Weekly Prize will be awarded to the Participant who accumulates the highest number of WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points cumulatively for the applicable week.
In the event of a tie for any Weekly Prize, the potential winner will be deemed the Participant that accumulated the highest number of WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points for the final game day of the applicable week. If a tie still exists, from among the remaining pool of tied Participants, the Participant with the highest number of WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points for the game day previous to the final game day of the applicable week will be declared the potential winner, and so forth. Tiebreakers will continue backwards in this manner using the previous day’s WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Point total until the tie among the remaining tied Participants is broken. If a tie still exists after the above tiebreakers have been invoked, a random drawing from among the final remaining pool of tied Participants will be conducted to award the applicable Weekly Prize.
Awarding of WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points is subject to compliance with these Official Rules. The tabulation of WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points and identification of potential winners will be conducted by judges whose decisions are final and binding with respect to these Official Rules and in all other matters relating to this Promotion, including tabulation of WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points for each game. Prizes will be awarded to the person named on the applicable WNBA.com registration form regardless of whether that is the name of the authorized account holder of the email address from which said WNBA.com registration form was submitted (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules). Potential winners will be notified by email, phone or mail as necessary throughout the Promotion Period. Limit one (1) Weekly Prize per Participant and per household for duration of Promotion Period.
In the event that any 2008 WNBA regular season game is canceled, suspended (and not resumed) or preempted (and not resumed) for any reason during the Promotion Period, prizes will be awarded based on Points accumulated for those games that occur as scheduled.
Prizes: (1) Grand Prize: A three (3) day/two (2) night trip for the winner and one (1) guest on dates to be determined by Sponsor to attend a 2008 WNBA Finals game chosen by Sponsor consisting of round-trip coach air transportation for two (2) from the major U.S. gateway airport nearest to winner's residence to the site of the 2008 WNBA Finals game chosen by Sponsor, standard double-occupancy hotel accommodations (one (1) room) and two (2) tickets to the game (Approximate Retail Value ("ARV")=$2,500). Actual prize value will vary depending on location of 2008 WNBA Finals, winner's city of departure and dates of travel. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to provide ground transportation in place of air transportation if winner lives within a reasonable driving distance of the host city of the 2008 WNBA Finals, as determined by Sponsor and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. Travel and hotel arrangements determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Trip must be taken on dates and times designated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, may be awarded to an alternate winner. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents prior to travel. If the game is canceled or postponed for any reason, travel prize will be awarded less applicable prize-related activity(s) and Sponsor will substitute that activity(s) with an item(s)/activity(s) of equal or greater value as determined solely by Sponsor and no additional compensation prize will be awarded to winner in such event. Exact seat locations at event to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Certain travel restrictions may apply. (13) Weekly Prizes: $50 gift certificate to WNBAStore.com (ARV=$50/each). Total ARV of all prizes=$3,150. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Gift Certificates subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer.
Miscellaneous: No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of prizes (or portion thereof) is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or applicable portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with acceptance or use of the prizes not specified herein as being awarded (including, for the Grand Prize winner, additional transportation, meals, gratuities and souvenirs) are the sole responsibility of the winners. If an eligible minor is selected as a winner, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of said minor’s parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein (and, if Grand Prize winner, parent/legal guardian must accompany such minor on Grand Prize trip as his/her guest). Potential Grand Prize winner (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release within five (5) days of date of issuance of notification. Grand Prize winner’s guest will also be required to execute and return a Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release prior to prize award. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her state of residence (and at least 18) unless child or legal ward of winner. If guest is child or legal ward of winner, winner must sign and return the release on behalf of such child or legal ward. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing or with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and awarding of prize to the runner-up at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If any prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable, winner will be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s discretion, the runner-up may be notified. Winner and guest agree to comply with all WNBA and venue rules and regulations relating to the use of 2008 WNBA Finals and/or game tickets and, in accordance therewith, agree not to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with any intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at such game. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion of prize. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to: 1.) disqualify any person (and void his/her Points) who tampers with the entry process, the operation of WNBA.com, or any other component of this Promotion, or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules and 2.) modify, suspend or terminate this Promotion (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, including but not limited to war, strikes, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion and, in the event of termination, at its discretion, award prizes for completed portions of the Promotion (or applicable portion of the Promotion) to the highest scoring eligible non-suspect Participants (as determined by Sponsor) as of the event requiring such termination or suspension. By participating, Participants (and, if eligible minors, their parents or legal guardians) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding and agree that: 1.) Released Parties and their designees and assigns may use (unless prohibited by law) each Participant’s name, city, and state of residence, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and/or trade purposes and/or for the purpose of posting their name, user name and/or WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Point Total on WNBA.com or on any WNBA telecast and/or for any other purpose in any and all media or format now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without limitation or further compensation, permission or notification and 2.) Released Parties shall have no liability and will be held harmless for any liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury to Participant or any other person or death or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) or participation in this Promotion. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and/or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Winners’ List: For the winners’ names (available after 10/27/08), send a stamped, self-addressed envelope for receipt by 10/20/08 to: WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Winners, P.O. Box 13106, Bridgeport, CT 06673-3106.
Sponsor: WNBA Enterprises, LLC, 450 Harmon Meadow Blvd., Secaucus, NJ 07094.
Administrator: Project Support Team, Inc., 6 Berkshire Blvd, Bethel, CT