Today, we are focused on chest exercises. Remember, just like the Sun play up-tempo, heart-pumping basketball, we also train that way. So in Sun fashion, there is no rest in between exercises.
Instructions:Perform each of the exercises once and repeat the circuit.
- Start in a traditional push-up position
- Instead of descending your body, stabilize your core and touch the opposite shoulder.
Perform 12 touches total
- Start in a traditional dumbbell chest press position.
- Press both of the dumbbells up inline in front of you.
- While stabilizing one of the dumbbells, descend the opposite, then alternate arms.
- This should be performed in a punching format, with abs tight and at a steady pace.
Perform 12 reps total
- Start in a modified push-up position.
- Stabilize your core and perform a regular push-up. Remember to use your chest and core to stabilize the ball.
Perform 6 full push-ups
Single Arm Dumbbell Press
- This is a variation of the traditional dumbbell press, but only using one arm.
- In this exercise, the involved arm presses the dumbbell and varies the grip with every rep.
- The uninvolved hand is placed on your abs to help you focus on keeping your core tight.
Perform 6 presses with each arm