The Seattle Storm is always looking for bright, energetic people who want to work hard and play hard as part of one of the world's premier women's sports teams. We offer full time positions, seasonal and part-time employment and an internship program. Want to be part of it? Read on and see if you've got what it takes.
To apply for a full time position, seasonal, or part time position, candidates can always submit a resume and cover letter detailing interest on TeamWork Online.
Are you looking for hands-on experience, mentoring and resume building in the field of professional sports? If so, the Seattle Storm Internship Program may be for you.
Seattle Storm interns spend up to 6 months focusing on one area of the organization, while still getting the chance to experience the total spectrum of running a team. Interns leave with experience and success designed to launch them on the career path of their choice. While Seattle Storm internships are unpaid, the experience gained is priceless. College credit is available.
We are proud to offer the following internship for summer 2015:
What you will do:
- Assist in providing players with individualized programming tailored to specific needs
- Assist with implementation of strength, conditioning, and recovery work
- Assist with any and all components of the Storm Performance program, from completing folders, assisting with nutrition education planning, stretching, providing availability for extra workouts, working with injured athletes, etc.
- Help create a positive and motivating environment within the weight/cardio rooms
What you will learn:
- Specifics of strength programming
- Specifics of conditioning programming
- Recovery/stretching modalities and ways that they can be implemented
- Dynamic warm-ups and the rationale behind specific exercises/stretches
- Performance nutrition implementation/education ideas
- Individualizing programs to specific needs of players based on numerous circumstances
What we ask of you:
- Be available for the season, approximately May through September.
- Be available to work practice days as well as game nights – practice schedule and game schedule to be outlined based on school schedule & basketball training schedule
- Pursuing either a 4-year college degree, post-graduate degree, or have recently graduated in, related field
- Have a maintained 3.0 GPA
- Manage multiple tasks and objectives simultaneously
- Perform well under pressure
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Show initiative and be a self-starter
- Demonstrate ability to follow-through and complete tasks in a timely fashion
- Possess creative and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrate a positive and team-oriented attitude
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Interns@StormBasketball.com. Put the internship position you’re interested in in the subject line of the email. In your cover letter, we’d like to hear how the Seattle Storm Internship Program supports your educational and career goals. We also need to know the dates you’re available and how many hours per week you plan to invest in an internship. You can expect to hear from the Storm in 2-3 weeks. Please do not call or send emails other than to the address above.