MEET THE TEAM
Karen has assembled a team of experts to help her along the way. They will each provide motivation and support, along with important information to get her back into action.
Rosemary Agostini M.D.
Chief of Activity, Sports & Exercise Medicine at Group Health Cooperative
- First Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship trained physician - 1985-6 Cleveland Clinic.
- Expertise in Musculoskeletal Medicine, Sports Concussion, and Exercise is Medicine.
I am very excited and pleased to participate in TYHBS as my passion in medicine has been to help/partner with people to be healthy and well incorporating activity, exercise and sports!
Nkeiruka Duze M.D.
Internal Medicine Physician at Virginia Mason
- Enjoys the variety and complexity of medical problems encountered in internal medicine
- Special interests include preventive care, hypertension and diabetes
- The most rewarding part are the long-term relationships developed with patients and family members
TYHBS is important for the following reasons:
- It inspires us all to take charge of our health
- It will provide access to information regarding healthy dietary choices and exercise
- By making healthy choices and becoming more active we improve our overall health and decrease the risk of preventable chronic conditions from obesity
- It provides the opportunity to join a community of people with similar goals. Participants will feel motivated by interacting with other attendees at different TYHBS events
- By following Karen Bryant's blogs and tweets, participants will feel connected to the wellness program
Brian Sutton M.S., C.S.C.S.
Personal Training Director at Denali Fitness, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Former assistant strength and conditioning coach at Springfield College
- Former member of the Springfield College ice hockey team
- Has worked individually with NHL, NFL, NBA, USTA and PGA athletes
- Cofounded Lifestyle Integrated Fitness Training (LIFT) which currently houses athletes from the Baltimore Ravens, Jacksonville Jaguars, Cleveland Cavilers, and the Utah Jazz
- Received master's degree in applied exercise science from Springfield College and is certified by the National Strength and Conditioning Association, USA Weightlifting and The Charles Poliquin Institute.
I look forward to joining the Seattle Storm's ongoing effort to promote a healthy way of life for its employees. The "Take Your Health By Storm" campaign is a great way to develop the skills necessary to look, feel and perform at your best. TYHBS emphasizes not only personal accountability, but also accountability to your "teammates" and those that support you during your journey.
Email Brian to see how he can help you.
Wendy Caamano M.S., R.D., C.D.
- Master's degree in nutrition from Bastyr University
- Undergraduate degree in exercise science; certified by ACSM, ACE, AFAA
- Currently in private practice at Rehabilitation Options of Issaquah and wellness coordinator at Bellevue Club.
- Wealth of experience working with clients on topics ranging from sports nutrition, family nutrition and many different disease states.
I am so excited to be a part of the Take Your Health by Storm campaign! It is offering the community the support and tools needed to make healthier lifestyle choices that will last a lifetime. It is not every day that you get the opportunity to work with such a great team and reach so many individuals. I feel this campaign can really make a difference in people's lives by providing hope, education and motivation. I am honored to be a part of it!
Email Wendy to see how she can help you.