Thank You Sparks Fans
Dear Sparks Family:
When the emotional dust settles from a difficult loss, reflection turns to the moments that captured and inspired great memories. It is there – in those memories – that I see what an incredible journey we had this past season – Locked In – as a Sparks family.
- Three WNBA All-Stars: Nneka Ogwumike, Candace Parker and Kristi Toliver
- 15-2 home record (tied for best in WNBA)
- 2013 WNBA MVP and All-Star Game MVP: Candace Parker
- Set new team records including:
- Largest margin of victory (36 vs. San Antonio)
- Most assists (29 vs. New York)
- Set individual records including:
- Most defensive rebounds (17, Candace Parker)
- Second most assists (14, Lindsey Harding – tie)
- Energized and electric in-arena entertainment led by DJ Mal-Ski and CJ Simpson
- MVP Picnic with season ticket holders, team and staff celebrating together with food, fun and dancing
- Making the playoffs for a WNBA record 13th time in 17 seasons
We had a tremendous season growing together and while those are only a few highlights, it doesn’t go without saying that I want more for us, more for you, our loyal fans, and more for the city of Los Angeles. I want to win a third WNBA Championship for all of us!
We are a team grounded by tradition and rooted by passion. We thrive from the energy and true grit of our fans. Sparks fans are the most spirited in the WNBA and unquestionably ignite our fire to win. Thank you for your unwavering commitment and loyalty.
2014 will be a season of even more highlights, accolades and celebrations. From now until tip-off next season, we will be busy compiling the most competitive, driven and energized Sparks team to date. Our players will be busy too. While scattered across the globe, they are never too far from Sparks fans via our social media channels and lasparks.com. You're family, stay in touch!
So, let us reflect on 2013, but set our sights on 2014 and focus on the WNBA trophy – it’s our time!
We are a team. We are family. We are Sparks!
Executive Vice President and General Manager