Sky Draw the 3rd Overall Pick in the 2011 WNBA Draft

CHICAGO, November 2, 2010 – The Chicago Sky will have the 3rd overall pick in the 2011 WNBA Draft as a result of today’s WNBA Draft Lottery as announced by league officials.

“This is an exciting opportunity for the Sky to head into the 2011 season with some momentum on our side,” said Sky General Manager and Head Coach Pokey Chatman. “We’re looking to improve from 2010 and this is our first shot.”

Tulsa, which had a 44.2% chance at the first pick, drew the 2nd pick. Minnesota had a 38% chance to take the top pick and will make the 1st and 4th selections. The Sky had a17.8% chance to draw the first pick.

Draft order of the remaining picks was determined based on each teams’ 2010 regular season record. The remaining order of the first round of the 2011 WNBA Draft is:

Team Record
5. Los Angeles 13-21
6. San Antonio 14-20
7. Tulsa from Phoenix 15-19
8. Atlanta 19-15
9. Indiana 21-13
10. New York 22-12
11. Washington 22-12
12. Seattle 28-6

The 2011 WNBA Draft will take place in early April following the conclusion of the Women’s NCAA Tournament.