Sammy's Life in Israel: Part 2
Posted: Nov. 1, 2012
Several times per month, we’ll be checking in with the 2012 WNBA All-Rookie Team member, Sammy Prahalis, as she continues her overseas season with Maccabi Ramat Hen in Israel.
Sure, we’ll talk about basketball, the differences in cultures and adjusting to life across the pond, but we figured now is the perfect time for the X-Factor to get to know Prahalis a little better before her season gets rolling.
And there’s no better way to get to know someone than by having them answer 19 very random questions.
Part 2: Losing Ray-Bans and owning the WWF soundtrack
PhoenixMercury.com – What were you doing before you started these questions?
– I was watching Gossip Girl. I’ve never seen it and wanted to know what it was about. I was on episode three of the first season.
PhoenixMercury.com – Here’s some randomness for you: Cats or dogs?
– Dogs. I have a dog named Jersey.
PhoenixMercury.com – Favorite Holiday?
– Christmas. I love the whole vibe about Christmas and of course I love Christmas music.
PhoenixMercury.com – Would you rather be invisible or have the ability to fly?
Sammy P. – I would rather be able to fly so I could fly home to New York to be with my family at times while I’m away.
PhoenixMercury.com – If you could be given any gift what would it be?
Sammy P. – At this moment, I would love a new pair of Ray-Bans because I lost mine! Also, an unlimited shopping spree.
PhoenixMercury.com – Sorry to hear about your Ray-Bans. Are you a morning or night person?
– I’m a morning person…I think. But lately, since being in Israel and because of the time difference, I turned into a night person because that’s when I
talk to people in the U.S. and I’ve been staying up late watching NBA games [laughs].
PhoenixMercury.com – Go Suns! What was the last film that really moved/disturbed/thrilled you and why?
– I just saw the 30 for 30 film, “Benji,” about a basketball phenom who was shot at 17. That really made me think about how life can be taken from
us so don't take it for granted.
PhoenixMercury.com – What is your favorite TV show of all time?
Sammy P. – I have a few. I would say Hey Arnold! because I think I’m sometimes still a kid [laughs] and the Real World/Road Rules challenges. My sister and I would (and still do) watch them. And, Seinfeld and Friends because they are classics.
PhoenixMercury.com – First thing you do when you wake up in the morning:
– I check my phone to see if I have any messages.
PhoenixMercury.com – What’s the most embarrassing CD you've ever owned?
– I think the WWF soundtrack, probably. My brother, sister and I were big into wrestling back when we were younger and we used to blast the soundtrack in
the house thinking we were cool [laughs].
PhoenixMercury.com – Your favorite item of clothing and why?
– Any skinny jeans and this white t-shirt that I just got about a month ago at my favorite store that is so comfy. And I would say my pearl earrings.
Pearls don't really fit my personality but I think that’s why I like them so much…if that makes any sense.
PhoenixMercury.com – Thing that annoys you the most?
Sammy P. – Traffic when you need to get somewhere
PhoenixMercury.com – Three people who always make you laugh are:
Sammy P. – Ah, that’s hard; there are so many people make me laugh. I would say my sister [Mallory], my best friend [Kate] and my friend [Kari]. They are all crazy and funny but I love them.
PhoenixMercury.com – If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be and who would it be with?
Sammy P. – I would go to London for the shopping! Or, maybe Hawaii to just chill out and I would go with my whole family.
PhoenixMercury.com – What was the last thing you ate that you really shouldn’t have?
– I just ate Mentos candy and I probably didn't need to eat them.
PhoenixMercury.com – What was your favorite toy as a kid?
Sammy P. – I had a little purple car that you ride around in and I loved it. I thought I was a boss [laughs].
PhoenixMercury.com – When was the last time you cried laughing and why?
– When I was home in Long Island, my mom, sister and I were having a singing competition. Every time one of them sang it was mad funny especially my mom.
PhoenixMercury.com – Movie you like that most people don’t:
Sammy P. – Adventures in Babysitting. It's a classic.
PhoenixMercury.com – Best fans in the WNBA?
Sammy P. – The X-Factor of course!