Liberty Seek Revenge at Home
New York Liberty (3-10) vs. Atlanta Dream (9-3)
Madison Square Garden | New York
Sunday, June 22 | 3 p.m.
Broadcast: MSG Network | WNBA Live Access
The Liberty are looking to break a five-game losing streak. The Dream are the hottest team in the league, riding high on a six-game winning streak.
- The Liberty fell to the Atlanta Dream on the road, 85-64, on Friday.
- Alex Montgomery led New York with 11 points and 5 rebounds.
- Tina Charles and Cappie Pondexter were each held to 6 points.
- Angel McCoughtry led Atlanta with 18 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists.
- Erika de Souza added 16 points and 7 rebounds.
- Five Atlanta players scored in double digits.
- Atlanta tallied 10 steals in the game.
"I thought we played very hard all year long, every game, every minute. This one, we gave into frustration and it showed up."
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
Alex Montgomery Defending Angel McCoughtry
Alex Montgomery will see time on the court defending one of the best players in the world, Angel McCoughtry. Alex has the size and speed to be up to the challenge. The hardest part of the task will be concentration: following her rules on defense, not falling asleep on any possession, boxing out, and taking away Angelís easiest option each time that she catches the ball. Angel also likes to create her offense off of defense and play in passing lanes for steals Ė Alex must also be wary of getting back in transition defense.
Battle In The Paint
Tina Charles and her interior teammates (Avery Warley-Talbert, Delisha Milton-Jones and Plenette Pierson), have to work together to control the paint. The Liberty were outscored in the paint, 42-30, out-rebounded, 45-35, and Charles shot 3-of-12. While success will take a team effort, it starts with Charles. With the Liberty struggling for points New York canít afford any game where the big girl doesnít score in double digits.