21 Questions with Essence Carson
1. What's your background?
I am from Paterson, NJ, one of 3 children. My younger brother, Shaquille Thomas, will attend the University of Cincinnati on a basketball scholarship. I attended Rosa L. Parks School of Fine and Performing Arts while competing athletically at Eastside High School. The high school was famed for its basis of the plot in 'Lean on Me'. I continued my basketball career at Rutgers University under Coach Vivian Stringer and graduated with a degree in Psychology and minor in Music. Lastly, I play 4 instruments: piano, saxophone, electric bass, and drums. The latter two were self-taught.
2. What age did you start playing basketball?
I played organized basketball at age 11...but it the neighborhood I started playing at around the age of seven.
3. What other sports did you play when you were younger?
Ran track and played volleyball.
4. What is your favorite city/state?
If it's not Paterson, NJ then it's NY, NY - duh!
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Someone asking me 50 million questions...or chewing loudly when they eat...or dragging their feet when they walk...or super loud people....or ok I think you get that I have a lot of pet peeves lol.
6. Is there anything embarrassing you want to admit?
I shot the ball into the wrong basket in high school.
7. What are your biggest Interests?
My biggest interest outside of basketball is music. Whether it's production or artistry, I love music. Having the chance to work with and around a few underground artists and international producers allowed my passion to grow even more. Look out for Essence 'Pr3pE' Carson produced tracks in 2011. 2009/2010 was a great start, but it's now to elevate to another level.
8. What is your favorite pregame meal?
Chipotle Chicken bowl with rice and corn
9. What is your favorite movie?
Scary Movie 2 and Step Brothers
10. What is your favorite cereal?
11. What is your favorite show/channel?
12. What is your favorite sneaker brand?
13. What is your shoe size?
Basketball shoe 11/11.5 Regular- 12
14. What is something you dream of doing but no one knows?
Everyone knows about my music production so nothing I guess.
15. What is your biggest fear?
Flies buzzing in my ear.
16. What item do you always leave your house with?
17. What is your favorite chewing gum?
18. What is your favorite color?
Black and Denim
19. What is your favorite animal?
20. What is your favorite dance?
It's not my favorite, but it sure is funny- Cat Daddy
21. What is your favorite holiday?