“NEW YORK LIBERTY DADS and DAUGHTERS SWEEPSTAKES”
Presented by Chase
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD: The New York Liberty Dads and Daughters Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) presented by Chase will be comprised of one (1) grand prize promotion to begin at 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on June 5, 2013 and end at 5:00 PM EST on June 7, 2013 (“Grand Prize Promotion”); (“Sweepstakes Entry Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, at least 18 years old at time of entry, who reside within a 75-mile radius of Madison Square Garden. Employees (and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and household members, whether or not related) of MSG Holdings, L.P. (“MSG” or “Sponsor”), The Madison Square Garden Company, The New York Liberty Basketball Club (the “Liberty”), the National Basketball Association, NBA AND WNBA Properties, Inc., JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (“Chase”), and its member teams, and all of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, participating vendors, promotion or advertising agencies, prize contributors or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are ineligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. By entering, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by and acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including, but not limited to, eligibility requirements, (b) release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and all of their respective employees, officers, directors and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) against any and all claims, injury, damage or loses to any person or property arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or use or misuse or redemption of a prize, and (c) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW, AND IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Limit one (1) entry per person, regardless of method of entry.
i) Method #1: TO ENTER: Limit one (1) entry per person/Twitter account/household per Entry Period. If you don’t already follow the Liberty on Twitter, visit twitter.com/NYLiberty and click on the icon to follow the Liberty. Once you have signed up to follow the Liberty, to be entered into the Contest, during each Entry Period, entrants must tweet about the best advice their dad or a father-like figure has given them (the “Contest Submission”). Entrants tweet must include the hashtag #LibertyDad.
Tweets must be received by 11:59 PM ET on the day of the applicable Entry Period to be eligible for that drawing.
Sponsor reserves the right to allow for minor deviations from the guidelines and restrictions set forth herein, based on clear intent to comply with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Contest Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. All Contest Submissions become the sole property of the Sponsors and will not be returned.
PROHIBITED CONTENT: Contest Submissions may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
• is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
• promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
• is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
• appears to duplicate any other submitted Contest Submission;
• defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor, its products or services, other people or companies;
• contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
• contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including music, photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
• contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person (living or dead), such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
• communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will with which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
• violates any law.
Contest Submission must be the original work of the entrant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. If an Contest Submission contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant, and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the Contest Submission, any and all releases, permissions and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the Contest Submission by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, permissions from any person who is mentioned in, appears in or is identifiable in the Contest Submission and permissions from any person who took the photograph or filmed the video of the entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure to provide such proof may, if requested, render Contest Submission null and void. By submitting a Contest Submission, entrant warrants and represents that he/she and any persons who are mentioned in, appearing or identifiable in the Contest Submission consent to the submission and use of the Contest Submission in the Contest and to its use as otherwise set forth herein.
By submitting an Contest Submission, entrant represents and warrants that the Contest Submission conforms to these Official Rules and understands that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify the Contest Submission for any reason, including if it determines, in their sole discretion, that the Contest Submission fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
USE OF CONTEST SUBMISSIONS: By submitting an Contest Submission, entrant hereby grants to Sponsor a nonexclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works based upon, or otherwise exploit the Contest Submission in any manner or media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity for advertising, promotional and other purposes, without further compensation, notification or permission. Entrant agrees that Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Contest Submissions by third parties. Sponsor has no obligation to make use of the rights granted herein.
ii) Method #2: Print your full name, date of birth, e-mail address, street address (including city, state and zip code) and day and evening telephone numbers on one side of a 3”x5” index card and mail it to: NY Liberty Dads and Daughters Sweepstakes, Two Pennsylvania Plaza, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10121.
All entries for the grand prize drawing must be received by 5:00 PM EST on June 6, 2013. There is a limit of one (1) entry per account per Promotion and a limit of one (1) entry per entry method. If more than one entry is received by an account only the first entry will be considerered. All entries become the property of the Sponsor. Released Parties are not be responsible for late, lost, delayed, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or misdirected entries. Each account is only eligible to win one sub-promotion or Grand Prize. The Grand Prize is no longer eligible to accounts who’ve already won a sub-promotion prize.
4. PRIZE DRAWING: One (1) potential Grand Prize Winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be randomly selected by the Sponsor on June 6, 2013 from among all eligible entries received during the sweepstakes period. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. ALL DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR ARE FINAL AND BINDING ON ALL MATTERS RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
5. PRIZE(S): One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a pair of tickets to the Liberty vs. Dream game on June 9, 2013 at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $350.00.
All prizes subject to availability.
Prizes do not include travel to/from the games or any accommodations necessary to attend games or concerts. The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at the time of Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. Food & Beverage vouchers are subject to terms and conditions specified by issuer. Seat locations will be determined by Sponsor. Winner and guest must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of Prize. All Prize details shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner is solely responsible for all costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specifically set forth herein, including, but not limited to, all federal, state and local taxes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. If the Prize is cancelled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof, and Sponsor will have no further obligation to the Winner. Prize cannot be assigned, transferred, changed, or redeemed for cash except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Grand Prize Winner will be notified by June 6, 2013. The Potential Grand Prize Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The Potential Grand Prize Winner and Winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within 24 hours of the date of notice in order to claim his/her prize and become an official winner (“Dads and Daughters Sweepstakes”). If a Potential Grand Prize Winner or Winners cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within the required time period, the Potential Grand Prize Winner and Winners forfeits the Prize. In the event that a Potential Grand Prize Winner and Winners are disqualified for any reason, Sponsors will award the Prize to an alternate Potential Grand Prize Winner or Winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotional and Sub-Promotional Periods. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winner for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
7. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s consent to Sweepstakes Entities and their respective designees to use his/her name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state for promotional, publicity and/or trade purposes in any and all media, in any manner, now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification or permission.
8. GENERAL: ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES' SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
Released Parties assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for any reason which Sponsor, in its sole opinion, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Prize may be awarded, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to a winner to be randomly selected from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up until time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. The use of software, computer programs, or other means to generate automated online or text message entries or to other subvert the entry process are prohibited and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to enter will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Sponsor reserves the right to restrict entries from any IP address if a suspicious activity is detected. Any attempt by any individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and other remedies from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By participating, each entrant further agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, and in no event will entrant be permitted to obtain attorneys' fees or other legal costs and (c) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
NONCOMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
9. WINNER’S NAME: To obtain the name of the Grand Prize Winner (available after July 7, 2013), please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope marked “Grand Prize Winners List” by June 31, 2013 to: “New York Liberty Renewal Sweepstakes”, c/o Liberty Marketing, L.P., 16th Floor, 2 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10121.
10. PRESENTER: JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
11. SPONSOR: MSG Holdings, L.P., 2 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10121.