2014 Playoffs First Round Schedule SetTweet
The No. 2-seed Indiana Fever will host the No. 3-seed Washington Mystics in Game 1 of a semifinal series on Thursday, Aug. 21 (7:00 p.m., ESPN2). Playoff tickets are on sale at FeverBasketball.com, the Bankers Life Fieldhouse Box Office and all Ticketmaster outlets.
Fever playoff notes:
• The Fever returns to the WNBA Playoffs for the WNBA record-tying 10th consecutive season and the 11th time in its 15-year history.
• In the final year of coaching for Women’s Basketball Hall of Famer Lin Dunn, the Fever hopes to reach the conference finals for the seventh time in 10 seasons. Dunn already is the first WNBA coach ever to reach the playoffs in seven straight seasons. She has been on the Fever bench for each of 10 straight playoffs seasons (assistant coach, 2005-07; head coach, 2008-14).
• Tamika Catchings has appeared in every playoff game in Fever history (51). Catchings is already the league’s all-time leader in playoff free throws and steals. She enters the playoffs six rebounds and 43 points shy of becoming the all-time playoffs leader in rebounds (currently 2nd) and points (currently 3rd).
• The last time Indiana was a No. 2 seed, the Fever won the 2012 WNBA championship. The last time the Fever faced the Mystics in a playoff series (2009 East Semis), Indiana advanced all the way to the WNBA Finals.
• The Fever and Mystics played to a 2-2 series tie in the regular season, after facing each other on back-to-back days in the preseason, too. Indiana won a pair of narrow three-point decisions at Verizon Center, though the Mystics boast a pair of double-digit wins at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
• The Indiana vs. Washington series (full schedule below):
Indiana vs. Washington
Game 1 – Thursday, August 21 | Washington at Indiana | 7:00PM ET (ESPN2) | Find Tickets
Game 2 – Saturday, August 23 | Indiana at Washington | 5:00PM ET (ESPN2)
Game 3* – Monday, August 25 | Washington at Indiana | TBD (NBA TV)