WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Official Rules.
No Purchase Necessary To Participate Or Win.
Purchasing Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning.
Many Will Enter, Few Will Win.
This Game May Not Be Used To Conduct, Advertise Or Promote Any Form Of Gambling.
Eligibility: WNBA.com Pick One Challenge (“Promotion”) is open to legal residents (natural persons only) of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 years of age or older at time of registration (“Participants”). Eligible minors must obtain their parent’s or legal guardian’s consent prior to participation. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of WNBA Enterprises, LLC ("Sponsor"), International House of Pancakes, LLC, the Women's National Basketball Association ("WNBA") and its teams and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, advertising/promotion agencies and Project Support Team, Inc. (“P/S/T”) (collectively, “Released Parties”) and the immediate family members (parent, spouse, sibling or child and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Void where prohibited by law.
Promotion Period: Registration for the Game will begin at 12:00:01AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on 5/13/10 and end five (5) minutes prior to the start of the first game on 8/22/10, which end date is subject to change dependent upon the WNBA schedule. The Game will begin 2:30:00PM ET on 5/15/10 and end five (5) minutes prior to the start of the first game on 8/22/10 (end date is subject to change dependent upon the WNBA schedule) (the “Promotion Period”). For the purposes of the Game, a week will begin at 12:01AM ET Monday and end at 11:59PM ET on the following Sunday. Participation in the Game is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Game is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Game includes all WNBA regular season games.
- (1) Visit www.WNBA.com during the Promotion Period. If you are a registered member of WNBA.com, you may immediately link to the Game Play page using your previously designated user name and password from www.WNBA.com to participate in the Promotion. If you are not a registered member of WNBA.com, you must register before participating in this Promotion. Registration is free, as is participation in this Promotion. To register, complete and submit the WNBA User Registration form according to the instructions provided. As part of the registration process, you will be asked if you wish to receive promotional emails from the WNBA. Consenting to receive promotional emails is optional and is not required for membership or participation in this Promotion. Upon completion of the registration process, you may link to the Game Play page using your newly designated user name and password from www.WNBA.com to participate in the Promotion. Limit one (1) WNBA User Registration form submission per person and per email address for the duration of the Promotion Period. Additional registration forms received from any such person or email address thereafter will be void. The use of script, macro or any other device to automate the registration process is prohibited and all such registrations will be void. Registration form submissions will be accepted throughout the Promotion Period, in accordance with the terms of these Official Rules.
- (2) Visit the Game Play page and follow the instructions provided to make your selections. The Game Play page will feature a player roster for each team on each game day.
- (3) Using knowledge of the WNBA and WNBA players’ skills and statistics, select one (1) WNBA player from the choices provided for each applicable game day. Each WNBA player may only be selected by an entrant once throughout the Promotion Period. The object of the Promotion is to select the WNBA player who you believe will collectively accumulate the highest total number of points, rebounds and assists for the applicable game night. You will receive one (1) WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Point for each point, rebound and assist your selected WNBA player accumulates on her designated game night, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. For example, if a selected WNBA player accumulates twelve (12) points, four (4) rebounds and four (4) assists on a given game night, you will gain a total of twenty (20) WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points. If the chosen WNBA player is a Rookie then you will receive two (2) WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points for each point, rebound and assist your selected WNBA Rookie player accumulates on her designated game night, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. For example, if a selected WNBA Rookie player accumulates twelve (12) points, four (4) rebounds and four (4) assists on the given game night, you will gain a total of forty (40) WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points. Sponsor will determine whether a given player qualifies as a Rookie.
- (4) Selections can be made and/or modified up to five (5) minutes before the first game of each applicable game day in accordance with the posted deadlines. Selections are final as of the applicable deadline as determined by Sponsor. Your last selection that is received by the applicable deadline will be used to tabulate your WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points. Selections cannot be modified for any game in progress or already completed. WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Point(s) will not be awarded if a selection is not made for a game day, the selected WNBA player does not play in the designated game for any reason, the selected WNBA player does not obtain any points, rebounds or assists in the designated game, or the game is cancelled, postponed or rescheduled for any reason.
- (5) All selections must be accepted and acknowledged by the computer servers by the applicable deadline (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to be considered valid, timely, and eligible.
Winner Selection/Notification: Potential winners will be determined on or about 8/27/10. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to the Participant who accumulates the highest number of WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points cumulatively for the entire Promotion Period, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
In the event of a tie for the Grand Prize, the potential winner will be deemed the Participant that accumulated the highest overall number of cumulative WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points for the final week of the Promotion Period from any such tied entries. If a tie still exists, from among the remaining pool of tied Participants, the Participant with the highest overall number of cumulative WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points for the week previous to the final week of the Promotion Period will be declared the potential winner, and so forth. Tiebreakers will continue backwards in this manner using the previous week’s cumulative WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Point total until the tie among the remaining tied Participants is broken. If a tie still exists after the above tiebreakers have been invoked, a random drawing from among the final remaining pool of tied Participants will be conducted to award the Grand Prize.
Weekly Prizes/(1) Weekly Prize Per Week: Potential Weekly Prize winners will be determined following the conclusion of each respective week of the Promotion Period. (1) Weekly Prize will be awarded to the Participant who accumulates the highest number of WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points cumulatively for the applicable week.
In the event of a tie for any Weekly Prize, the potential winner will be deemed the Participant that accumulated the highest number of WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points for the final game day of the applicable week. If a tie still exists, from among the remaining pool of tied Participants, the Participant with the highest number of WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points for the game day previous to the final game day of the applicable week will be declared the potential winner, and so forth. Tiebreakers will continue backwards in this manner using the previous day’s WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Point total until the tie among the remaining tied Participants is broken. If a tie still exists after the above tiebreakers have been invoked, a random drawing from among the final remaining pool of tied Participants will be conducted to award the applicable Weekly Prize.
Awarding of WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points is subject to compliance with these Official Rules. The tabulation of WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points and identification of potential winners will be conducted by judges whose decisions are final and binding with respect to these Official Rules and in all other matters relating to this Promotion, including tabulation of WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Points for each game. Prizes will be awarded to the person named on the applicable WNBA.com registration form regardless of whether that is the name of the authorized account holder of the email address from which said WNBA.com registration form was submitted (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules). Potential winners will be notified by email, phone or mail as necessary throughout the Promotion Period. Limit one (1) Weekly Prize per Participant and per household for duration of Promotion Period.
In the event that any 2009 WNBA regular season game is canceled, suspended (and not resumed) or preempted (and not resumed) for any reason during the Promotion Period, prizes will be awarded based on Points accumulated for those games that occur as scheduled.
Prizes: (1) Grand Prize: Winner’s choice the following: 1) One autographed authentic WNBA jersey and 2) One unsigned authentic WNBA jersey (Approximate Retail Value ("ARV")=$300). WNBA’s player autograph is subject to availability. If the selected WNBA player’s is unavailable for the autograph for any reason, an alternate WNBA personality as determined solely by Sponsor will provide her autograph. ARV reflects unautographed merchandise. ARV of hand-signed merchandise subject to fluctuation based on the featured WNBA player and current market value at time of prize award. WNBA basketball is not game used. (14) Weekly Prizes: $50 gift certificate to WNBAStore.com (ARV=$50/each). Total ARV of all prizes=$1,000. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Gift Certificates subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer.
Miscellaneous: No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of prizes (or portion thereof) is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or applicable portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with acceptance or use of the prizes not specified herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the winners. If an eligible minor is selected as a winner, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of said minor’s parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein. Potential Grand Prize winner (and, if an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release within five (5) days of date of issuance of notification. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing or with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and awarding of prize to the runner-up at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If any prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable, winner will be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s discretion, the runner-up may be notified. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to: 1.) disqualify any person (and void his/her Points) who tampers with the entry process, the operation of WNBA.com, or any other component of this Promotion, or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules and 2.) modify, suspend or terminate this Promotion (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, including but not limited to war, strikes, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion and, in the event of termination, at its discretion, award prizes for completed portions of the Promotion (or applicable portion of the Promotion) to the highest scoring eligible non-suspect Participants (as determined by Sponsor) as of the event requiring such termination or suspension. By participating, Participants (and, if eligible minors, their parents or legal guardians) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which are final and binding and agree that: 1.) Released Parties and their designees and assigns may use (unless prohibited by law) each Participant’s name, city, and state of residence, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and/or trade purposes and/or for the purpose of posting their name, user name and/or WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Game Point Total on WNBA.com or on any WNBA telecast and/or for any other purpose in any and all media or format now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without limitation or further compensation, permission or notification and 2.) Released Parties shall have no liability and will be held harmless for any liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury to Participant or any other person or death or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or participation in this Promotion. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorneys’ fees) and/or other remedies from any such person(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Winners’ List: For the winners’ names (available after 9/28/10), send a stamped, self-addressed envelope for receipt by 9/28/10 to: WNBA.com Pick One Challenge Winners, P.O. Box 13106, Bridgeport, CT 06673-3106.
Sponsor: WNBA Enterprises, LLC, 450 Harmon Meadow Blvd., Secaucus, NJ 07094.
Administrator: Project Support Team, Inc., 6 Berkshire Blvd, Bethel, CT