WNBA Triple Threat Fantasy Challenge - Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary To Participate Or Win.
Purchasing Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning.
Void In Quebec And Where Prohibited.
This Game May Not Be Used To Conduct, Advertise Or Promote Any Form Of Gambling.
Eligibility: The WNBA Triple Threat Fantasy Challenge ("Promotion") is open to legal residents (natural persons only) of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding residents of Quebec) who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry ("Participants"). Eligible minors must obtain their parent's or legal guardian's consent prior to participation. Employees, officers, directors, and agents of WNBA Enterprises, LLC ("Sponsor"), the Women's National Basketball Association ("WNBA"), NBA Media Ventures, LLC, and its teams, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, advertising/promotion agencies and Project Support Team, Inc. ("P/S/T") (collectively, "Released Parties"), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate or win a prize. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state, and local laws.
Promotion Period: The Promotion starts on 5/2/06 at 3:01:01PM Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on 8/13/06 at 9:59:59PM ET immediately prior to tip off of the final game of the WNBA 2006 regular season ("Promotion Period"). For the complete WNBA 2006 regular season schedule, visit http://www.wnba.com/schedules/index.html. See To Participate section below for additional details.
(1) Visit www. WNBA.com during the Promotion Period. If you are a registered member of WNBA.com, you may immediately link to the Game Play page using your previously designated user name and password from www.WNBA.com to participate in the Promotion. If you are not a registered member of WNBA.com, you must register before participating in this Promotion. Registration is free. To register, complete and submit the WNBA User Registration form according to the instructions provided. As part of the registration process, you will be asked if you wish to receive promotional emails from the WNBA. Consenting to receive promotional emails is optional and is not required for membership or participation in this Promotion. Upon completion of the registration process, you may link to the Game Play page using your newly designated user name and password from www.WNBA.com to participate in the Promotion. Limit one WNBA User Registration form submission per person/email address for the duration of the Promotion Period. Additional registration forms received from any such person/email address thereafter will be void. The use of any device to automate the registration process is prohibited and all such registrations will be void. Registration form submissions will be accepted throughout the Promotion Period, in accordance with the terms of these Official Rules.
(2) Visit the Game Play page and follow the instructions provided to make your selections. The Game Play page will feature all 2006 regular season WNBA games scheduled for that applicable week with a week defined for the purpose of this Promotion beginning on a Monday and ending on the following Sunday (with the exception of Week #1 which begins on Saturday, 5/20/06 and ends on the following Sunday, 5/28/06).
(3) Using knowledge of the WNBA and WNBA players' skills and statistics, select (1) WNBA player from the choices provided for each game day of the applicable week. Each WNBA player may only be selected by an entrant once per week. The object of the Promotion is to select the WNBA players who you believe will collectively accumulate the highest total number of points, rebounds and assists for the applicable week. You will receive (1) WNBA Triple Threat Fantasy Challenge Point for each point, rebound and assist each of your selected WNBA players accumulate on their designated game night, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. For example, if a selected WNBA player accumulates (12) points, (4) rebounds and (4) assists on the given game night, you will gain a total of (20) WNBA Triple Threat Fantasy Challenge Points.
(4) Selections can be made and/or modified beginning up to three weeks in advance of applicable game day for any game that has not yet begun in accordance with the posted deadlines. Selections are final as of the applicable deadline as determined by Sponsor. Your last selection that is received by the applicable deadline will be used to tabulate your WNBA Triple Threat Fantasy Challenge Points. Selections cannot be modified for any game in progress or already completed. WNBA Triple Threat Fantasy Challenge Point(s) will not be awarded if a selection is not made for any game day, the selected WNBA player does not play in the designated game for any reason, or the selected WNBA player does not obtain any points, rebounds or assists in the designated game.
(5) All selections must be accepted and acknowledged by the computer servers by the applicable deadline (as determined by Sponsor) to be considered valid, timely, and eligible. The use of any device to automate the registration/entry process is prohibited and all such registration/entries will be void.
Released Parties are not responsible for lost, incomplete, garbled, incorrect, late, undelivered, delayed or misdirected registrations, entries, WNBA player selections or submissions; theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, registrations, entries, WNBA player selections or submissions; failures or malfunctions of phones, phonelines or telephone systems; interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to Participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; errors in these Official Rules, in any Promotion-related advertisements or other materials; the administration of the Promotion; the selection or announcement of potential winners or the distribution of prizes or points; the cancellation, suspension or preemption of games, injuries or other unavailability of players, scoring tabulation or timing errors or other problems or errors of any kind whether computer, network, mechanical, human, electronic, typographical, printing, or otherwise.
Winner Selection/Notification: (1) Grand Prize: Potential Grand Prize winner will be determined on or about 8/18/06. Grand Prize will be awarded to the Participant who accumulates the highest number of WNBA Triple Threat Fantasy Challenge Points cumulatively for the entire Promotion Period.
In the event of a tie for the Grand Prize, the potential winner will be deemed the Participant that accumulated the highest overall number of cumulative WNBA Triple Threat Fantasy Challenge Points for the final week of the Promotion Period. If a tie still exists, from among the remaining pool of tied Participants, the Participant with the highest overall number of cumulative WNBA Triple Threat Fantasy Challenge Points for the week previous to the final week of the Promotion Period will be declared the potential winner, and so forth. Tiebreakers will continue backwards in this manner using the previous week's cumulative WNBA Triple Threat Fantasy Challenge Point total until the tie among the remaining tied Participants is broken. If a tie still exists after the above tie-breakers have been invoked, a random drawing from among the final remaining pool of tied Participants will be conducted to award the Grand Prize.
(12) Weekly Prizes/(1) Weekly Prize Per Week: Potential Weekly Prize winners will be determined on or about 8/31/06. (1) Weekly Prize will be awarded to the Participant who accumulates the highest number of WNBA Triple Threat Fantasy Challenge Points cumulatively for the applicable week.
In the event of a tie for any Weekly Prize, the potential winner will be deemed the Participant that accumulated the highest number of WNBA Triple Threat Fantasy Challenge Points for the final game day of the applicable week. If a tie still exists, from among the remaining pool of tied Participants, the Participant with the highest number of WNBA Triple Threat Fantasy Challenge Points for the game day previous to the final game day of the applicable week will be declared the potential winner, and so forth. Tiebreakers will continue backwards in this manner using the previous day's WNBA Triple Threat Fantasy Challenge Point total until the tie among the remaining tied Participants is broken. If a tie still exists after the above tie-breakers have been invoked, a random drawing from among the final remaining pool of tied Participants will be conducted to award the applicable Weekly Prize.
The tabulation of WNBA Triple Threat Fantasy Challenge Points and identification of potential winners will be conducted by judges whose decisions are final and binding with respect to these Official Rules and in all other matters relating to this Promotion. Prizes will be awarded to the person named on the applicable WNBA.com registration form regardless of whether that is the name of the authorized account holder of the email address from which said WNBA.com registration form was submitted (subject to verification of eligibility and the terms of these Official Rules). Potential winners will be notified by email, phone or mail as necessary following the conclusion of the Promotion Period. If an eligible minor is selected as a potential winner, applicable prize will be awarded in the name of said minor's parent or legal guardian. Limit one Weekly Prize per Participant for duration of Promotion Period.
In the event that any game during the Promotion Period is canceled, suspended (and not resumed) or preempted (and not resumed) for any reason, applicable Weekly Prize will be awarded based on WNBA Triple Threat Fantasy Challenge Points accumulated for those games played during said week. If no such games are played during any week, the applicable Weekly Prize will not be awarded.
Prizes: (1) Grand Prize: 3-day/2-night trip for the winner and (1) guest to attend a 2006 WNBA Finals game chosen by Sponsor consisting of round trip coach air transportation for two (2) from the major airport nearest to winner's residence (up to $1,500US) to the site of the 2006 WNBA Finals game chosen by Sponsor, standard double-occupancy hotel accommodations (one (1) room) and two (2) tickets to the game (Approximate Retail Value "ARV"=$2,500US). Actual prize value will vary depending on winner's city of departure and destination. Travel and hotel arrangements must be made through Sponsor's agent and will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary, and any minor traveling companion must be accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian. Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents. Trip must be taken on dates and times designated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, at Sponsor's discretion, may be awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to provide ground transportation in place of air transportation if winner lives within a reasonable driving distance of the host city of the 2006 WNBA Finals. If any prize-related activity(s) is canceled or postponed for any reason, travel prize will be awarded less applicable prize-related activity(s) and Sponsor will substitute that activity(s) with an item(s)/activity(s) of comparable or greater value as determined solely by Sponsor. Prize details not specifically set forth herein are at Sponsor's sole discretion. Seat locations will be determined by Sponsor. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions specified by issuer. All additional ground transportation, meals, gratuities, service charges or other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance not specified herein as being awarded is the responsibility of the winner. (12) Weekly Prizes/(1) Weekly Prize Per Week: (1) $50 WNBAStore.com Gift Certificate (ARV=$50US each). Gift Certificate restrictions may apply. Total ARV of all prizes=$3,100US.
Miscellaneous: No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of prizes (or portion thereof) except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or applicable portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Federal, provincial, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes) and all other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of a prize not specified herein as being awarded are winners' sole responsibility. If an eligible minor is selected as a winner, prize will be awarded in the name of said minor's parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein (however, said minor must accompany parent/legal guardian on Grand Prize trip). Grand Prize winner (if minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release within three (3) days of date of issuance of notification. Grand Prize winner's traveling companion (if minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will also be required to execute and return a Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release prior to prize award. If Grand Prize winner or guest is a minor, he/she must be accompanied to all prize-related activities by his/her parent or legal guardian. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing or with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and awarding of prize to the applicable runner-up at Sponsor's sole discretion. If any prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable, winner will be disqualified and, at Sponsor's discretion, the applicable runner-up may be notified. Grand Prize winner and his/her traveling companion agree to comply with all WNBA and venue rules and regulations relating to the use of the 2006 WNBA Finals game tickets and, in accordance therewith, agree not to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with any intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at such game. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to: 1.) disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process, the operation of WNBA.com, or any other component of this Promotion, or who is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules and 2.) modify, suspend or terminate this Promotion (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, including but not limited to war, strikes, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion and, in the event of termination or suspension, at its discretion, award the prize at issue from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the event requiring such termination or suspension using the scoring procedures set forth above. By participating, Participants (if minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and agree that: 1.) Released Parties and their designees and assigns may use (unless prohibited by law) such Participant's name, city/state of residence, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and/or trade purposes and/or for the purpose of posting his/her name and or WNBA Triple Threat Fantasy Challenge Point total on WNBA.com or on any WNBA telecast and/or for any other purpose in any media or format now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without further compensation, permission or notification and 2.) Released Parties shall have no liability and will be held harmless for any liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury to Participant or any other person or death or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) or participation in this Promotion.
Winners List: For the winners' names (available after 10/9/06), send a stamped, self-addressed envelope for receipt by 9/29/06 to: WNBA Triple Threat Fantasy Challenge Winners, P.O. Box XXXXX, Bridgeport, CT 06673-XXXX.
Operator: NBA Media Ventures, LLC, 645 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10022
Sponsor: WNBA Enterprises, LLC, 450 Harmon Meadow Blvd., Secaucus, NJ, 07094
Administrator: Project Support Team, Inc., 100 Mill Plain Road, Danbury, CT 06811/www.projectsupportteam.com