WNBA Cares All-Star Auction Running Through July 21For National Community Partners
NEW YORK, July 7, 2006 - In celebration of the league’s 10th Anniversary Season, the WNBA will host a special on-line auction at www.WNBA.com. Starting July 7, the WNBA Cares All-Star Auction, which contains unique autographed memorabilia from WNBA and NBA stars as well as celebrities, will benefit the following WNBA Cares Community Partners: American Heart Association's Go Red for Women Campaign, UNICEF, and Ronald McDonald House Charities. The auction runs through July 21. Fans are encouraged to check in daily as new items will be added regularly.
The WNBA.com auction features a variety of WNBA and NBA items including:
· Carmelo Anthony Autographed Authentic Nuggets Jersey
· Dwyane Wade Autographed Authentic Heat Jersey
· Grant Hill Autographed Authentic Magic Jersey
· Basketball Autographed by actor Don Cheadle
· Swin Cash Autographed Detroit Shock Replica Jersey
· Game of H.O.R.S.E with Connecticut Sun star Katie Douglas
· Aly &AJ Fan Pack - Includes autographed Into the Rush CD and autographed items
· Seimone Augustus Autographed Authentic Lynx Jersey
· Becky Hammon Autographed Basketball
· Autographed Basketball by Top 2006 WNBA Draft Picks
· Sue Bird Autographed Replica Seattle Storm Jersey and Photo
· 2006 WNBA All-Star Autographed Jerseys
· Golf Package with Spa and Dining donated by Kohler Co.
“The WNBA Cares All-Star Auction is a great way for fans to get involved in raising funds for WNBA Cares community partners and come away with some unique items and experiences,” said Kathy Behrens Senior Vice President NBA and WNBA Community and Player Programs.
Through WNBA Cares, the WNBA is deeply committed to creating programs that improve the quality of life for all people, with a special emphasis on promoting a healthy lifestyle and positive body image, breast health awareness, youth and family development, and education.